As South Pasadena residents continue to follow the current safer at home orders, the Fire Department encourages our residents to take precautions as temperatures are expected to increase.
HEAT SAFETY TIPS:
· Keep Hydrated; water is your best choice!
· Wear lightweight, light-colored, and loose fitting clothing.
· If you must be outdoors, seek shade, apply sunscreen, and wear a hat or use an umbrella.
· Call to check on your elderly family members and friends.
· Bring pets indoors and make sure they have plenty of water too.
· NEVER leave a child or pet unattended in a vehicle
WATER SAFETY TIPS:
· Never take your eyes off a child when they are in or near any body of water.
· Don’t rely on inflatable devices to keep your child afloat.
· Remove toys, tricycles, or other playthings out of the water and away from the pool or spa.
· Keep a life-saving ring, shepherd’s hook and CPR instructions at poolside.
FIRE SAFETY TIPS
· Have working smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in each level of your home.
· Have two escape routes out of your home and practice with your family
· Clear leaves and other debris from roofs, gutters, and decks.
· Have a “Ready, Set, Go” kit in your home and establish a meeting place for your family in the event of a fire.