All tennis courts in the City of South Pasadena will be open on Friday, May 15, since the Los Angeles County Health order has been modified to allow reopening of several new categories of active recreation. The courts at Garfield and Orange Grove Parks will be open for single play tennis only – doubles play is not permitted. The Arroyo Seco Racquet Club will also be open on Friday. The County order further defines rules for play as follows:
- Group lessons are not permitted;
- Players must remain six feet from each other;
- Each court has a maximum of one hour of play;
- Players must leave the vicinity immediately following play;
- Spectators and gatherings around the courts or near benches is not permitted;
- Players must wear masks when not playing and in the vicinity of other people;
- Each participant must bring their own can of balls with their initials on each ball.
For more information Arroyo Seco Racquet Club, call 323-258-4178 or visithttp://www.i-tennis.com/.
County guidelines can be found here. The City continues to keep health and safety of our residents our top priority and encourages players to behave responsibly.